Grappling Education Sydney
NO-GI scholarship trial dates: JAN 23/24 2021
BRAZILIAN JIU JITSU
Our BJJ Scholarship (also offered for teens)
Our NO-GI scholarship is now open. Register for our scholarship training camp for your chance to try out for the scholarship package.
JAN 23/24 2021
Find out more about our MMA Scholarship
NO-GI SCHOLARSHIP TRAINING CAMP
– 2 x day intensive NOGI training camp
– Camp will include performance testing (strength/power/endurance)
– Technical evaluation
– NOGI sparring sessions
– Interviews and character evaluation
– Team/group activities
– until 03/01/21: Free registration
– 04/01 to 11/01: $50
– 12/01 to 18/01: $100
– late registration (19/01 to 21/01): $150
– Unlimited training at Grappling Education
– Access to strength and conditioning programs with Fortitude Performance
– Monthly payment of $250
– Train with high-level athletes
– Take your career to the next level
– This is a NOGI scholarship and would suit an athlete looking to further their NOGI competition training & career.
– Athlete must qualify through the training camp selection process
– Chosen athlete must agree to train 10 x per month at Grappling Education
– Athlete does not have to leave their current gym/team. This is a paid position that is designed to benefit all parties involved
– Provide real paid scholarships to support aspiring athletes
– Raise the level of Australian BJJ
– Continue to offer the highest level of training possible at Grappling Education by providing high level athletes with the means to train
– Help athletes take their career to the next level
– Athletes from any gym/affiliation are welcome to apply
– Athlete does not have to leave their current gym/team. This is a paid position that is designed to benefit all parties involved.
– Male & female applicants welcome
– Must be an active competitor (can supply a competition resume)
– Must be a dedicated and aspiring athlete
THE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Grappling Education was founded to provide the greater Sydney region with a professional, world class martial arts gym. A key part of the philosophy of our gym is to encourage and support up and coming competitors to achieve their potential through focused, structured and engaging training, guided by experts with international competition experience.
Guided by this philosophy, Grappling Education has launched a series of Athlete Scholarships to help support prospective athletes in their training and competition goals.
Drawing heavily from his experience as part of the Australian Judo Team and the National Talent Identification Program (a preliminary program for the Olympic Games), Keller has designed a program that utilises his extensive knowledge base of the highest level of competition. Instead of a one off trial, these programs utilised a training camp (run across a number of days) where the prospective candidate would undergo a series of tests.
Using this as a benchmark of standard, Grappling Education will adopt a similar approach to identify the ideal candidate for our Athletic Scholarship.
Grappling Education has 4 scholarships:
WHAT DOES OUR SCHOLARSHIP INCLUDE?
Successful candidates will receive the following as part of their sponsorship:
- A monthly stipend of $250 per month to help athlete cover competition, gear, general maintenance fees
- No membership fees and complete access to the entire suite of classes at Grappling Education, plus membership to the Fortitude Grappling Athletic Program.
- Free branded Grappling Education gear appropriate to their scholarship (Gi for Adults Gi, etc)
To be clear our sponsored athletes are NOT required to compete for Grappling Education and do NOT have to leave there original team. Athletes only have to meet contractual requirements outlined below to receive the scholarship.
Adults No GI
We are looking for the next up and coming, or currently active, champion in the No Gi submission grappling scene. Whether your goals are to compete in No Gi Worlds, or even win the ADCC World Championships, this program will provide you personal tutelage under the guidance of Keller Locke-Sodhi (ADCC Oceania Champion). You will learn the most modern approach to this sport and become the best submission grappler you can be.
Our Adults BJJ Gi Scholarship has been awarded to #5 P4P Purple Belt Grappler in the world, Nicholas Maglicic. Nicholas was on an absolute tear during the 2019/20 Competition Year. Starting with claiming the title of Abu Dhabi World Pro 2019 Purple Belt Champion, and concluding his year with a highlight reel run at the IBJJF European Championships, claiming 2nd in both his Weight and the Open Weight categories. By these extraordinary achievements, Nicholas was an exceptional choice for our Adults Gi Scholarship and he will make a valuable addition to our competition team.
OUR TEENS SCHOLARSHIP
We are looking at the dedicated, next grappling phenom to come out of Sydney. Whether they have been training since they were young, or only been active in the sport for a little while. We are looking to sharpen the skills of an up and coming young athlete and help push them towards the endless possibilities through competitive grappling.
We are looking for someone who wishes to take their MMA skills to the next level under the tutelage of some of the best in Australia. Under the guidance of former Italian Head Coach for the International Mixed Martial Arts Federation, Renato Subotic, this program is designed to help push potential MMA athletes to their technical and physical best and help guide them on their meteoric rise through the Australian MMA scene.
HOW WILL I QUALIFY FOR THE PROGRAM?
The key traits we will be assessing our candidates on are:
– Cardiovascular fitness
– Strength and conditioning
– Technical Ability (depending on the chosen program).
– Mental fortitude and Discipline
– Competitive spirit
This will include interviews and non-physical assessments to ensure the right candidate progresses through and is offered this scholarship.
Athletes will be selected during one of our gruelling training camps.
Make sure you register below and our Athletics Program Coordinator will be in touch to discuss your application further!